The Power of Sympathy: Politics and Moral Sentimentalism is based on an in-depth filmed conversation between Howard Burton and Michael Frazer, Senior Lecturer in Political and Social Theory at the University of East Anglia. After a detailed discussion of Prof. Frazer’s intellectual journey, the conversation explores the core ideas behind the sentimentalist theory as outlined in Prof. Frazer’s book called The Enlightenment of Sympathy.
This carefully-edited book includes an introduction, More Than Reasonable, and questions for discussion at the end of each chapter:
- New York Origins – A very Woody Allen beginning
- Sympathy – And how to use it
- Different Tracks – Hume, Smith and Herder
- Disciplinary Boundaries – Political philosophy as Kurdistan
- Bringing It Home – Moral sentiments in the real world
Now available on: