Cryptoreality is based on an in-depth filmed conversation between Howard Burton and Artur Ekert, Professor of Quantum Physics at the Mathematical Institute at the University of Oxford and Director of the Centre for Quantum Technologies and Lee Kong Chian Centennial Professor at the National University of Singapore. Artur Ekert is one of the pioneers of quantum cryptography. This wide-ranging conversation provides detailed insights into his research and covers many fascinating topics such as mathematical and physical intuition, a detailed history of cryptography from antiquity to the present day and how it works in practice, the development of quantum information science, the nature of reality, and more.
This carefully-edited book includes an introduction, Putting the Pieces Together, and questions for discussion at the end of each chapter:
- Beginnings – Mathematics, physics and intuition
- Cryptographic Essentials – From the ancient Greeks to the Cold War
- Public Key Cryptosystems – Harnessing the difficulty factor
- Harnessing Interference – The power of quantum computers
- Quantum Sociology – What is quantum information science, anyway?
- Quantum Metaphysics – And its concrete effects
- The Joy of Questioning – And the merits of being rebellious
Now available on (we’ll update this page with other booksellers soon):